This is fundamentally a coordinator role for all the things that need to happen following the PCSP conversation and may involve.
- The actions and activities that the person does for themselves around self- management.
- Organising support from statutory or voluntary sector organisations.
- Actions and activities that the health and social care team will undertake to support the individual.
- Actions and activities associated with ongoing personal budget/direct payment management and coordination.
- Ability to support changes to the person's plan day-to-day, avoiding recourse to lengthy re-assessment and sign off processes unless needs and circumstances require further conversation.
Skills involve making links with a wide range of organisations at the same time as being able to work with the person using person-centred thinking and planning skills to keep the person's needs and preferences at the core of what happens.