Joint CSP: Key roles
Discussion - the degree to which each set of competencies and skills are used will depend on the purpose of the discussion and where it takes place.
- Overall competencies.
- Having a clear understanding of the ethos and processes of care and support planning.
- Listening skills to enable the person to share what matters to them and what is working and not working and what they want for the future.
- Specific skills in supporting outcomes / goal development.
- Specific skills in supporting people to assess possible options and solutions, including related to the use of personal budgets.
- Knowing what is available locally, how to link each individual with this, including the role and availability of health trainers/community champions etc to ensure the coordination of a seamless response for each person.