Combining getting fit and doing good
GoodGym’s goal has been working towards happier, healthier and better-connected cities. The coronavirus is a direct challenge to all three goals. It drives GoodGym apart, it risks the team’s health and it dampens their spirits. In these times, when Goodgym can no longer meet in groups, they’ve redefined what they do to meet this challenge.
- Missions will now focus on safe food delivery to isolated people who are most in need during the coronavirus outbreak and supporting hospital discharge teams.
- Community missions will focus on supporting the organisations that provide essential support to services, including the health and care systems and foodbanks.
- Working with Local Authorities, the Red Cross and other partners
- Roll out more training to staff
- Online ‘GoodGym Fitness Challenge’ - continuing to support the GoodGym community with online fitness sessions and challenges, working with local trainers, taskforce and run leaders across 58 areas to move the fitness element of GoodGym to online support
Here are some case studies in response to the new mission: Case studies making a difference
Here are some case studies of GoodGym members getting involved in a more informal way: Case studies informal support in local areas