- Staying well, connected to others and resilient
The Cares Family Bringing people together to bridge the generational divide
What is the problem this innovation solves?
Loneliness and isolation; social and generational divides.
Community networks of young professionals and older neighbours hanging out and helping one another in our rapidly changing cities.
73% of older people say their isolation is reduced; 81% feel better connected to others; 86% are more able to appreciate the world; older people say they have more people to rely on and a closer sense of community.
Reduce loneliness and isolation of younger and older people alike; improve neighbours' confidence, skills, wellbeing, connection, self-worth and power; bring people together across social, generational, digital, cultural and attitudinal divides.
Stage and spread (where it is/how much is there?)
- North London Cares, Camden and Islington
- South London Cares, Southwark and Lambeth
- Manchester Cares, the city of Manchester
What would councils/health organisations/local areas need to do or have in place to enable it to happen?
- Have a sustainable plan to raise £200,000+ per year per branch
- Believe in the model
- Contact the CEO of The Cares Family: firstname.lastname@example.org