What our organisation does to support people with care and support needs:
Hobbs Field currently provide long term residential accommodation for people with learning disabilities. They are supported to be as independent as possible and according to their personal wishes.
Name: Sue Rowland
Email: Get in touch
Tel: 01403 254114
What we will do to Make it Real
We are planning to adjust our current internal recruitment procedures, and work with people to be involved in the practical steps, rather than it being just senior staff.
As we would no wish to exclude anyone that wishes to be involved, we will initially need to plan and agree on the various stages that we are going to implement.
How we will co-produce and with whom
This will include individuals having much more involvement: meeting applicants, showing them around the buildings, suggesting particular questions to ask in interviews, asking those questions, being involved in the interview outcome decisions, and supporting the new staff members once they commence employment.
One lady took total control! She provided a very detailed tour of her home discussing as she went what support she would like in each area of her home.
She also spoke about what ‘other people’ who lived at Hobbs would need help with.
The experience was noted to be very positive for the candidate, and helped reveal her values in relation to the people with learning disabilities.
The person who provided the tour said she felt ‘very proud’ of herself and couldn’t wait to phone her sister to chat about her experience.
As a result we learnt the following:
• An easy read version written version or video would have been good to introduce the programme.
• When working with people who access services it will be important to have face to face discussion rather than phone when communicating/requesting information due to communication needs.
• Break things down into small steps.
• Concentrate on the I statements. Using pictures/symbols/Makaton to explain them.
• The Making it Real progamme is not separate from what we were trying to achieve and it does provide a good framework to give renewed focus. It is not a long lengthy process.
• We (staff/professionals supporting) don’t always know best!