Commissioning good care and support my own way - 3rd December, Manchester
Social care context
We know that social care services are stretched and there is limited choice in the market.
We will be exploring examples of how people have been positively supported and what barriers they have faced during their journey through the spaghetti junction of the health and social care system.
Who should come
Anyone with an interest in person-centred support and commissioning – whether you are a provider, commissioner, front-line worker or a person with lived experience.
Speakers will be addressing these topics:
- How people’s voices can be heard in the care and support planning process
- What social prescribing within GP practices has to offer to the older adult population
- Perception of crisis intervention
- How people are doing it for themselves
- Challenges with self-directed support, how it can go wrong and how it can be successful
Many of our speakers will bring someone with lived experience of care and support.
- The National Coproduction Advisory Group who will be drawing upon the Making it Real framework
- Alvanley Family Practice
- Mayday Trust
- Community Catalysts and examples via MacIntyre Charity
- London Self Directed Support Forum
Please note: TLAP events are subsidised by funding from the Department of Health and Social Care so we’re able to offer them free of charge to participants. Places are limited so it’s important to let us know if you are no longer able to attend. If 48 hours’ notice is not given we reserve the right to charge a £50 cancellation fee.