South East Use of Resources Summit - 14 December 2009
In mid December a summit was held to assess the findings of Use of Resources - a Guide to Local Authorities
The Summit was attended by Directors of Adult Social Care, Commissioning leads and Finance leads from Local Authorities across the region. Also in attendance were colleagues from the two regional Strategic Health Authorities, Department of Health South East, Care Services Efficiency Delivery and the Regional Improvement and Efficiency Partnership.
The day provided the opportunity for a stimulated debate and workshops relating to efficiency and the best Use of Resources. The discussion and conclusions from the day are being fed into the planning for regional support for 2010/11.
Presentations were given on the day and can be found below:
- Use of Resources in the South East - John Bolton
- Opportunities and challenges to making change happen - John Jackson - Oxfordshire County Council
- Use of Assistive Technology - Tunstall and Kent County Council
- Partnership with Health - the East Sussex POPP Programme
- Efficiencies through integrated working - Milton Keynes Council
Dr Nick Hicks, the Chief Executive of Milton Keynes PCT also attended and gave a verbal presentation and contributed to the question and answer panel.
- Assistive Technology - Tunstall and Kent County Council (ppt - 4.56Mb) (opens new window)
- Discussion Panel - Questions and Answers (doc - 38Kb) (opens new window)
- East Sussex County Council POPP Programme (ppt - 625Kb) (opens new window)
- Efficiencies through integrated working - Milton Keynes (ppt - 98Kb) (opens new window)
- Opportunities and Challenges to achieving change - John Jackson (ppt - 45Kb) (opens new window)
- Use of Resources - John Bolton (ppt - 870Kb) (opens new window)