Making it Real - join the 186 organisations demonstrating their commitment
To date, 186 member groups, including 17 councils, have pledged their commitment to personalisation by becoming 'Making it Real' organisations.
To demonstrate your organisation is committed to Making it Real, just follow a few simple steps:
1. Log on to the Making it Real pages of the TLAP website to create an account and access the materials that can help you and your organisation's leaders make a commitment to giving people real choice and control over their care and support
2. Using a voluntary self-assessment form provided on the website, talk with people who use services and carers to see how your organisation is going
3. Co-produce an action plan that sets out your top three priorities for Making Personalisation Real
4. Upload your top three priorities and action plans to the Making it Real website to access use of the Making it Real Kitemark.
5. Check out other organisations in your area or across the country that are focused on Making Personalisation Real using our interactive map
6. After six months, review your progress and share your successes and challenges.
There are three important points to remember about Making it Real:
1. This is about working with people who use services and carers to identify the top three priorities for co-producing change in your organisation
2. It is important to make those priorities and action plans publicly available
3. Regularly reviewing progress with people who use services, carers and citizens ensures you are progressing with personalisation and community-based support.
We have spent the last few months testing the Making it Real website with a small number of pilot sites who have helped us to keep the declaration process simple. This ensures Making it Real can work for all types of organisations including councils, provider organisations (large and small from across the private, independent and voluntary sectors), and user-led organisations. Those organisations have already completed their declaration process and are live on our website to show how it can be done.