You are here: Think Local Act Personal > Latest resources
- Listening to Young Carers
The Children's Society, in partnership with the Princess Royal Trust for Carers, have supported the development of the first National Young Carers Forum for England. Members of the forum have made a DVD called Listening to Young Carers, in which the young people talk about the issues they face and share solutions that will help improve their lives.
- Support planning and brokerage for older people and people with mental health difficulties
This guide was developed with older people and people with mental health difficulties and their supporters as well as people involved in support planning. It responds to the findings of the Personal budgets pilots evaluation, which concluded that more work was required to develop approaches to support planning and brokerage that work for all groups of people rather than just some.
- 10 questions to ask if you are scrutinising the transformation of adult social care
- 1st National Personal Budget Survey
Undertaken for The Think Local, Act Personal Partnership by In Control and the Centre for Disability Research at Lancaster University, the survey aimed to identify the outcomes and experiences of people using personal budgets - and those of their family carers - so the adult social care sector can build on the positives and better understand what improvements are needed. It is the biggest survey of service users and carers undertaken in England to date, giving people a voice to share their views and experiences in their own words.
- 2nd National Personal Budget Survey
Personal budgets (PBs) and Personal Health Budgets (PHBs) are a way of informing individuals who need support and their families how much money their council or the NHS will make available to them to meet their needs. Twenty-two volunteer councils in England took part in the 2nd National Personal Budget survey.
- A brief introduction to Self Directed Support: your personal budget for social care
Essex County Council has produced a new guide which explains self-directed support, with stories of how disabled and older people have been using personal budgets.
- A commissioner's guide to developing and sustaining user-led organisation
This guide offers practical advice for commissioners and suggests resources that can help support them in developing ULOs.
- A guide to direct payments for mental health service users - Suffolk
This guide by Suffolk county council provides information on Direct Payments for people with mental health problems answers some of the frequently asked questions about their use.
- A guide to getting direct payments from your council - Easy Read version
This booklet is the Easy Read version of the updated guide for people who are interested in finding out about receiving direct payments from their local council.
- A guide to receiving direct payments from your local council
This booklet is an updated guide of useful information for people who are interested in finding out about receiving direct payments from their local council.