Think Local Act Personal Tag Listing
This is list shows the topics and resources tagged using 'Support'.
- BME communities - Increasing the uptake of direct payments. Local authority examples
These case studies are reports taken directly from local authorities and illustrate approaches taken to increasing the uptake of Direct Payments amongst people from BME communities. Each case study provides a top tip, a detailed explanation of the approach taken and contact details for further information.
- Buying freedom - DVD and training resources from Worcestershire county council
These documents show an outline of the training strategy and of the DVD 'Buying Freedom'. This is a learning and development resource produced by Worcestershire County Council in partnership with DH and CSIP.
- Carers Forum newsletter
Manchester Carers Forum is a local charity founded by carers. This newsletter provides an example of the range of advice, information, support, and activity they are engaged in.
- Carers' Information and Support Programme Pilot: Alzheimer's Society's
Over three months we piloted the first ever national Carers' Information and Support Programme for carers of people with dementia prior to rolling it out nationally. At three locations, trained facilitators delivered four pilot modules designed in conjunction with carers, providing them with quality information about dementia, practical advice on day to day caring, and signposting carers to local services and financial benefits.
- Discussing and providing direct payments - process steps for practitioners
These two slides from Warwickshire Direct Payments team present the steps involved in the process of discussing and providing Direct Payments with users. They are useful as a check list and in training and development.
- Essex county council - Support services and partnership working with user led organisations
This case study is a report taken directly from Essex county council. It is provided here to illustrate how working in partnership with a responsive support service and an effective user network can help increase the uptake of Direct Payments.
- Joint Protocol between National Centre for Independent Living (N.C.I.L) & Association of Directors of Social Services (A.D.S.S.) for the provision of Centres for Independent Living (CILs) and User Led Support Services.
This document outlines a protocol for developing and expanding local, user-led support services and centres for independent living. DH guidance states provision of support services are key to successful Direct Payments implementation and that "Support provided through voluntary/recipient-run organisations has been shown to be particularly effective and valued by recipients".
- Lead commissioning role for Herts Adult Care Services with PCT-funded carers breaks
Carers in Hertfordshire and Hertsmere NHS PCT and GP surgeries have worked together to develop enhanced services in GP surgeries to identify and support carers. A survey was carried out in 2005 to look at what difference this had made and what the benefits to carers were.
- Making choices for real independence training pack and DVD
The West of England Centre for Independent Living provides a 10 week learning programme for anyone wanting to be able to explore their life, their support needs, and future independent living options. The programme and DVD is also useful to raise awareness and discussion between workers and service users.
- National Chinese Family Carers for Mental Health Support Project
Between February and May 2011, the Chinese Mental Health Carers Support Project has developed a range of resources for family carers in the Chinese community. These resources have been publicised widely and intensively through a national media health promotion campaign.