Think Local Act Personal Tag Listing
This is list shows the topics and resources tagged using 'Support'.
- Carers' Information and Support Programme Pilot: Alzheimer's Society's
Over three months we piloted the first ever national Carers' Information and Support Programme for carers of people with dementia prior to rolling it out nationally. At three locations, trained facilitators delivered four pilot modules designed in conjunction with carers, providing them with quality information about dementia, practical advice on day to day caring, and signposting carers to local services and financial benefits.
- National Chinese Family Carers for Mental Health Support Project
Between February and May 2011, the Chinese Mental Health Carers Support Project has developed a range of resources for family carers in the Chinese community. These resources have been publicised widely and intensively through a national media health promotion campaign.
- Lead commissioning role for Herts Adult Care Services with PCT-funded carers breaks
Carers in Hertfordshire and Hertsmere NHS PCT and GP surgeries have worked together to develop enhanced services in GP surgeries to identify and support carers. A survey was carried out in 2005 to look at what difference this had made and what the benefits to carers were.
- Carers Forum newsletter
Manchester Carers Forum is a local charity founded by carers. This newsletter provides an example of the range of advice, information, support, and activity they are engaged in.
- Pat's story - a carer's use of direct payments
This is the story of how Direct Payment's helped Pat, the mother and carer of a child with disabilities, to pursue training in the profession of her choice. She now has a career as a therapeutic counsellor.
- Training available for direct payment employees/support workers in LB Islington
This document outlines the courses available in Islington for support workers/employees of Direct Payment users. It includes the application form used for this purpose.
- Buying freedom - DVD and training resources from Worcestershire county council
These documents show an outline of the training strategy and of the DVD 'Buying Freedom'. This is a learning and development resource produced by Worcestershire County Council in partnership with DH and CSIP.
- BME communities - Increasing the uptake of direct payments. Local authority examples
These case studies are reports taken directly from local authorities and illustrate approaches taken to increasing the uptake of Direct Payments amongst people from BME communities. Each case study provides a top tip, a detailed explanation of the approach taken and contact details for further information.
- Promoting equal access for disabled people from BME communities
These documents have been produced by the Equalities National Council. Disabled people from Black and Minority Ethnic communities experience multiple barriers to access.
- SCIE Knowledge review 15: Mtetezi - Developing mental health advocacy with African and Caribbean men
This Social Care Institute for Excellence review looks at the significant gap in high quality and effective mental health advocacy with African and Caribbean men. The research raises questions about available services, advice and support and what is actually needed for this over-represented group in the mental health sector.