Think Local Act Personal Tag Listing
This is list shows the topics and resources tagged using 'Older People'.
- Prevention of Admission to Residential Care Project Report - Jan 2011
This research provides key learning on the complex relationship between operational activity, commissioning decisions and the expectations of individuals and Carers. It identifies that investment in community services may not change residential admission patterns if these relationships are notunderstood.
- Support planning and brokerage for older people and people with mental health difficulties
This guide was developed with older people and people with mental health difficulties and their supporters as well as people involved in support planning. It responds to the findings of the Personal budgets pilots evaluation, which concluded that more work was required to develop approaches to support planning and brokerage that work for all groups of people rather than just some.
- Personal budgets for older people - making it happen
This guide focuses on how councils can make personal budgets work well for older people and their families. It looks at how to ensure personal budgets are accessible, simple to use, flexible and help to achieve the things that matter most to the people using them.
- Independent Living and Older People Resource website
This is a one-stop information resource for commissioners, transformation programme leads and other professionals working to embed Independent Living at the strategic level. Independent Living means older people having voice, choice and control over any support they need to go about their everyday lives.
- Guidance on direct payments: For community care, services for carers and children's services
This new DH guidance provides information on how local councils might operate direct payments. It reflects the changes brought about by the new regulations and supersedes the 'Direct Payments guidance: community care, services for carers and children's services (Direct Payments) guidance England 2003'.
- A guide to getting direct payments from your council - Easy Read version
This booklet is the Easy Read version of the updated guide for people who are interested in finding out about receiving direct payments from their local council.
- At a glance 5: Mental Capacity Act 2005
This SCIE summary presents an overview of the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) 2005 for England and Wales. The MCA promotes and safeguards decision-making within a legal framework by: empowering people to make decisions for themselves where possible, protecting people who lack capacity; allowing people to plan ahead.
- Counsel and Care Brief and Complete Direct Payments Guides for people over 65
Counsel and Care has published two step-by-step guides to using Direct Payments for older people, their families and carers. They were developed as part of the 'Keeping Control' project, which involved direct consultation with older people.
- Older people - information and top tips from local authorities on increasing the uptake of direct payments.
These case studies are reports taken directly from Cornwall county council and Sefton metropolitan borough council. They illustrate approaches taken to increasing the uptake of Direct Payments amongst older people.
- SCIE Practice guide 11: The participation of adult service users, including older people, in developing social care
This online guide focuses on how practitioners and managers can initiate and sustain the participation of adult service users, including older people, in ways that empower service users and reflect a shared commitment to developing social care services in a more democratic way by adopting a whole systems approach.