Risk and safeguarding
- A Positive Approach to Risk & Personalisation
This paper, commissioned by the West Midlands Joint Improvement Partnership (JIP) provides a framework for Councils in shifting the balance away from risk aversion towards supported positive risk taking....
- What to do if you are worried about abuse
Local Government Improvement and Development (LGID) has been working with councils to support them in developing local strategies for information and advice as part of Putting People First. This work...
- SCIE's work on safeguarding adults
Social care has an important role in the protection of members of the public from harm. SCIE's work focuses on ensuring that services and support are delivered in ways that are high quality and safe....
- IDeA's Safeguarding Peer Review
A new product from the IDeA to support council Members and Officers in developing sound safeguarding practices.
- At a glance 5: Mental Capacity Act 2005
This SCIE summary presents an overview of the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) 2005 for England and Wales. The MCA promotes and safeguards decision-making within a legal framework by: empowering people to...
- Support risk matrix - Norfolk
This matrix provides a simplified method for analysing risks so as to identify the likelihood of Direct Payments working. The level of support needed and the level of support in place is identified so...
- Independence, choice and risk: a guide to best practice in supported decision making
Sometimes people's decisions might be perceived by professionals or family members as carrying some degree of risk, This best practice guide is for everyone involved in supporting adults using health...
- Gateshead positive risk-taking policy
This is an example of a policy on risk produced by Gateshead Council
- Newham risk enablement panel
These are terms of reference for the risk enablement panel set up by the London Borough of Newham.
- Risk enablement panel criteria
This is a form that the Risk Panel Newham Social services have use to work through issues where there may be concerns about risk. Thanks to Newham for letting us share this.
- Independence, choice and risk
This is a presentation by Caroline Godleman and Karen Bohan from London Borough of Newham. It introduces the Department of Health's guide 'Independence Choice and Risk', and explains the approach to...
- Independence Choice and Risk: A guide to best practice in supported decision making
This is Department of Health guidance on best practice in risk and supported decision making.
- A person centred approach to risk
This document looks at the issue of risk in the lives of people who are supported by human services. It shows how the issue of risk as it has traditionally been approached by services. This can impose...