Think Local Act Personal: Next steps for transforming adult social care
Think Local Act Personal is a group of over 30 national partners that are committed to real change in adult social care. Our goal is for people to have better lives through more choice and control over the support they use: often referred to as "personalisation". We represent a wide range of organisations - from people who use services and carers, to the providers of services and representatives from central and local government.
We believe that services and support should be:
- More personalised according to the needs and wishes of the people who use them
- Provided in ways that help people to be active and contributing members of supportive communities.
To do this we need to work to change some of the systems, processes, practices and cultures that have developed over the years around helping people access care and support - building on the good things and changing those that get in the way of personalisation.
Think Local Act Personal is working with its partners to identify the challenges being faced and to share innovative solutions that are being developed across the country, so that more people have choice and control over their lives. You can download an easy read version of the press release from our November 2010 launch. We welcome your endorsement, so please email us at email@example.com.
- Making it Real: Marking progress towards personalised, community based support
The document below gives an overview of the Making it Real framework. More information is available on our Making it Real webpages .
- Personal budgets - checking the results
Authors Simon Stockton and Martin Cattermole This paper considers emerging approaches to developing outcome-based performance measures within social care. It highlights and promotes sector-led developments...
- Enabling risk, ensuring safety - self-directed support and personal budgets
Author, Sarah Carr Published by the Social Care Institute for Excellence This paper looks at how frontline staff can be confident and equipped to support people who use services to assess and evaluate...
- Practical Approaches to improving lives of disabled and older people through building stronger communities
Authors Catherine Wilton and Martin Routledge. This paper gives practical advice and examples on improving the lives of disabled and older people through building stronger communities. Social care...
- Practical Approaches to Market Shaping and Provider Development
Author Dr Sam Bennett. This briefing explores what is meant by market shaping and proposes a simple framework for understanding and planning market development for councils and their partners. It sets...
- National Market Development Forum 2010 Briefing Papers
The group met six times during 2010. In November 2010, the group published five papers to help purchasers and providers address the market development agenda in their local area. Links to the five papers...
- Practical Approaches to Co-Production
Author Shahana Ramsden This document has been co-produced with the TASC Co-production group and a range of partners who have shared their insights to highlight different aspects of co-production. Good...
- Practical Approaches to Personalisation and Safeguarding
Author Bernadette Simpson This briefing paper sets out how personalisation of support and more effective safeguarding can be mutually supportive. It shows how self-directed support can help to prevent...
- A Vision for Adult Social Care: Capable Communities and Active Citizens
Future plans for adult social care services have been published by the Department of Health, A Vision for Adult Social Care: Capable Communities and Active Citizens. This is in addition to launching a...
How useful was this article?
(1 is not useful, 5 is very useful)