Information and Advice case studies
These case studies are examples of information, advice and brokerage initiatives collected from local authorities and others from across the country.
They will be of interest to organisations as they develop their services in response to the requirements of the Care Bill.
- Connect to Barnsley - Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council
Connect to Barnsley is a universal information and advice hub that provides a single interface for information about health, social care and wellbeing.
- Connect to Support in Yorkshire & Humber
Connect to Support (CtS) is a website developed by Local Government Yorkshire and Humber, it is for people who use social care services or who are looking for information and advice about what support and care is available in their local council area.
- Dudley Community Information Directory - Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council
The Dudley Community Information Directory (DCID) is a central portal for the provision of online information and advice about organisations and support services in Dudley.
- Durham Information Guide (DIG) - Durham County Council
The Durham Information Guide (DIG) is an online database developed by Durham County Council, it allows people to search for information and contacts in order to give them choice and control over the care and support they receive.
- East Sussex 1Space - East Sussex County Council
East Sussex 1Space is part of a coordinated range of services designed to enable people to exercise choice and control over their lives, by ensuring that they have the right information to help them plan the care and support they need.
- Gateway to Care Single Point of Access - Kirklees Council
Gateway to Care Single Point of Access is an information and advice service provided by Kirklees Council.
- Information Now - Newcastle City Council
Information Now is a website developed by Newcastle City Council: Quality of Life Partnership; it was developed with and for older people in 2007.
- Leeds Directory - Leeds City Council
The Leeds Directory was developed by Leeds City Council, it provides a universal source of quality information accessible in a variety of formats, to meet the needs of a wide range of stakeholders.
- Living Well with Dementia - Coventry & Warwickshire County Council
Living Well with Dementia is a one-stop portal for information about dementia. It was created by the Coventry and Warwickshire Living Well with Dementia Partnership.
- My Care, My Choice website - Stockport Council
'My Care, My Choice' is a website developed by Stockport Council that provides information about care and support services in Stockport and acts as an information hub for council staff and partner organisations.
- My Choice Marketplace - Trafford Council
My Choice Marketplace is an accessible website that was developed by Trafford Council; it informs personal budget holders and self-funders of the services available and ensures a minimum level of quality.
- MyLife online directory - London Borough of Redbridge
'MyLife' is a web platform developed by the London Borough of Redbridge, it allows people to access information about care and support services.
- Staffordshire Cares - Staffordshire County Council
Staffordshire Cares is a service developed by Staffordshire County Council. The website helps people to maintain their independence and plan their lives by putting all information, advice and guidance in one place, in a range of formats, to meet individual needs.
- Swindon Directory of Information, Support & Advice (DISA)
Swindon Directory of Information, Support and Advice (DISA) is an online resource to help people and practitioners quickly find information to help people make the most of their lives, in the way they choose.
- Health and Wellbeing Zones - Derbyshire County Council
Derbyshire County Council's Health and Wellbeing Zones first started in 2011 and there are now 20 dedicated zones across the region.
- Later Life Planning - London Borough of Barnet
Later Life Planning (LLP) aims to provide a flexible and holistic one stop shop for older people to help them plan for their future, retirement and to keep well and active.
- Your Support Your Choice - Blackburn with Darwen Council
Your Support Your Choice (YSYC) is walk-in health and social care information centre which provides health and social care information , signposting, access to peer support and advocacy.
- Derbyshire Adult Care Brokerage Service - Derbyshire County Council
The Adult Care Brokerage Service exists to help people who use services exercise choice and control, by helping them find the services they need.
- Peer support brokerage - Trafford Council
Peer support brokerage in Trafford assists people with mental health problems to create their own personalised support plans.
- Support With Confidence - East Sussex County Council
The 'Support With Confidence' scheme provides a list of providers of care and support services who have been approved and have undergone appropriate training and background checks.
- User-controlled information - London Borough of Barnet
This is a user-controlled IAA (Information, Advice & Advocacy) service and peer support brokerage service commissioned by the London Borough of Barnet.
- Healthwatch Liverpool - Liverpool City Council
Information about local health and social care services is one of the three elements of the service provided by the new Healthwatch Liverpool.
- Information and advice services - Leicestershire County Council
The council have developed a new 'delivery model' for information and advice services in Leicestershire.
- Stockport FLAG - Stockport Council
FLAG is an information and advice service managed and delivered through a consortium of voluntary sector organisations working in Stockport.
- Thurrock Over Fifties Forum (TOFF)
It is a free impartial advice session held in local Learning Centre where visitors can get advice in relation to housing, benefits, funding, care and social activities.
- Village Agents - Hampshire County Council
The Village Agent project is developing a network of local volunteers who help older people living in rural areas find the information and support they need.
- Practical Guide to Care - Birmingham City Council
The Practical Guide to Care is an accessible resource that provides practical information and advice to help adults understand their options and choose a solution that is right for their needs.
- Supporting people who pay for their own support - Bracknell Forest
Bracknell Forest Council is due to offer people who pay for their own support a referral to an a selected organisation that provides advice and guidance to people funding their own care.
- Remodelling information - Norfolk Integrated Health and Social Care Commissioning Team
A re-modelled information, advice and advocacy (IAA) service for specific groups, developed in consultation with those groups and in a rural area.